Health issues in both communicable and non-communicable diseases are prolific problems that may cause drawbacks for nation development. These problems occurred as a combination of the various causes, including more variation in pathogens, climate change, economic and politics fluctuation as well as the lack of awareness in society about health. Often the health issue is caused by more than one factor, therefore, holistic approaches by rigorous research are needed to find the root of the problem and also find the possible solutions to offer.
Centre for Health Research Universitas Indonesia (CHR UI), established in 1983, is one of the health research institutions that well acknowledge from national to the international level which has expertise in health research. With the scientists from multi-disciplinarians, CHRUI often offers a professional service in health research and thus the result often considered as a basis for policy-making as well as a health guideline to adapt to society.
The aims of the CHR-UI are:
- to provide health research, training and public services in support of national growth and development
- to expand institutional capacity to initiate and manage inter and multi-disciplinary health research programs
- to sharpen and focus research analysis and results, and ultimately to disseminate research ﬁndings to appropriate stake holders
- to advocate the results of research for policy improvement for the beneﬁt of the community at large
Capacity and Capabilities
CHR-UI has various experiences in planning and implementing different types of research in health areas, including project management. The center is also capable in conducting large scale surveys with more than 30,000 subjects and competent to manage funding up to US $2 Million per annum. CHR-UI has experiences to implement different type of studies including:
- Rich and detailed qualitative studies
- Community clinical trial studies
- Operational research or community development
Other competency of CHR UI is in organizing various types of trainings, seminars, and workshops, attended by participants from different sectors, including government institutions, NGOs, as well as other universities and private sectors. CHR-UI also provides consultancies on programs or projects development including monitoring and evaluation activities, supported by numbers of experts from multidisciplinary ﬁelds.
CHR-UI also organizes and conducts various types of training activities, seminars, and workshops in the areas of Interias:
- Maternal-Child Survival Development and Protection
- Maternal and Child Health
- Adolescent Reproductive Health
- Environmental Epidemiology
- Hospital Management
- Public Health Approach to HIV Infection
- Mapping of Sexually High Risk Behaviour Groups
- Epidemiology Surveillance of HIV/AIDS
- International Summer Course of Disability since 2011